This post is about how to create RSS FeedBurner account and add an Email Subscription box to the sidebar of your website. Basically RSS FeedBurner account help visitors to easily subscribe to your website contents using their Email address. When you publish a new post or an article on your website, it is automatically updated to the Email inbox of subscribers. You can say that feed subscribers are permanent readers for your blog or website.
Step by Step Instructions to create RSS feed for your website using FeedBurner.
1. Visit feedburner.google.com, as FeedBurner is associated with google you can use your Gmail account to Sign In. Create one if you don’t have already.
2. Here it will ask you to burn a feed right this instant. After typing your website address or feed address inside the box click next.
3. In the next step you have to select one feed to use as your source. As there are more feed available by default, select the one which shows the feed for your main domain name.
4. Next you have to enter a title for your feed and a feed burner address so that people can easily find your feed.
5. It will flash you a message that feed update for your website is successful. The last thing you have to do is Publicize your feed by activating Email Subscription. Next place an Email subscription box on your website. This allow visitors to subscribe to your feed using an Email address and get website updates directly to their Email Inbox.
Now to make an Email Subscription form box available to the sidebar of your website, you have to copy and paste the code from FeedBurner to your website. Subscription form box will automatically be visible after pasting the code in a text widget. When using a Plug-in, it will only ask to enter the FeedBurner Username to Enable Email Subscription.