Alibaba’s subsidiary company ‘UC Web’ had recently introduced UC We Media Program for content writers and bloggers in India. If you are an internet user, you must have heard about UC Browser and UC News. UC web is a mobile and internet service providing company owned by Alibaba Group. Also, one of the most widely used platform not only in India but across the world. Considering its usage and popularity in India, they have decided to extend their presence in Indian Market and planning to invest a total sum of 200 Crores by 2019. At present, the company has made an initial investment of 50 million.
This is Indeed! a very good news for content writers and bloggers who have the dream of being a freelancer or an opinion leader.
The UC We Media program not only provides a platform to share information and exchange ideas but also an opportunity to make money from your content. During the starting stage of We Media program, it was really easy for the bloggers to publish all their blog posts directly on We-Media creators account using their blog RSS. But in order to bring more value to the platform and every partner, they have now stopped the RSS syndication support. Though publishing the articles using RSS link was an effortless method But, you can also publish it directly from your We-Media dashboard. Why worry about RSS syndication when there’s an alternative option to do the same.
So, if you are planning to start your journey with We Media program, please let me be your Guide. Here through this article, I’ll provide you step by step guidance and all the necessary details related to We-Media application process & Ad monetization. Let’s Go!
UC We Media Program Application Process: How to Apply
First thing First, to create an account on We-media platform, you have to go through a sign-up process.
- Visit ucweb.com, enter your Email address and a Password for future login.
- Put the referral code (if any) in the invitation code box or else you can use mine ‘a81c2d’
- Login to your Email account and click on the confirmation link to verify your email address.
- In the next step, provide all the required information carefully. (i.e. Operator Name, Biographical Info, Pan card number, Category etc.)
- Wait for your account approval. Generally, it takes maximum 48 hours to approve an account.
The email address you provide during the sign-up will be the Username for your We-Media account. Later, you can change your username on We-media mobile website or UC App. Do not include any promotional information like commercial Emails, URLs, phone number or Ad slogans in your form. Please follow the We Media guidelines properly otherwise they will reject your application straight away.
Most importantly, when selecting a preferred category for your We-Media account, choose it carefully according to your niche and area of interest. You can choose it only once. Further, you have to contact UC We Media team and submit a request to change your registered category. It totally depends on them whether they will let you make changes or not. So be careful while choosing!
Although, selection of a parent category doesn’t mean that you are assigned to write only in that particular category. You can also write for other categories given in the list, but I strongly suggest you focus on your registered category. If you start writing randomly in any category, it may not benefit you.
Also, a lot depends upon the quality and relevancy of your article, so make a practice of writing Good Quality Content. To maintain a long-term partnership with We Media you must stick to their policies & guidelines.
UC We Media Program Writing Guidelines: How to create good quality content
UC We-media is a free platform for communication and self-expression. It allows you to share your thoughts and make connections with new people. But on the other hand, it is also a medium that increases the availability of information. In simple words, whatever content you publish from your dashboard, it is automatically shared with all the We-media user. Therefore, to uphold these values and maintain the quality, there are some boundaries on the type of content that can be hosted with UC We-Media.
Here are some useful tips to create We Media ready content
- First and foremost, always try to create genuine and unique content. Publication of copied content on We-media platform is strictly prohibited.
- Always try to share something new and interesting to your readers.
- Write on hot topics for more traffic.
- Do a good Research before you start writing on any topic. Writing informative articles and maintaining relevancy throughout your content is the key.
- Malicious content related with bloody, violent, terrorism, gambling or drugs, superstitious content, religious extremist, criminal incitement or attempt is not allowed.
- Start your article with a catchy headline/title but, don’t make it too exaggerative or totally irrelevant to the content.
- Inappropriate content about incest is prohibited. No descriptions that are mentally harmful to teenagers.
- Never use vulgar, sensitive and offensive language or Images in your content.
- When writing on a topic related to sexual function, relationship or sexual suggestion, the attached image should be appropriate.
- Do not include Promotional items, Sponsored Links, or any kind of link that takes the user out of UC News platform.
- For any kind of quotation, such as images, videos, informative text, and translations, always give credit to the source.
- As no one likes scrappy or insufficient information, so it is better to double check your content before finalizing.
UC Web is very strict with their policies and they want all the publishers to follow them. If you fail to comply with their policies, they have all the right to suspend/disable your We-media account. For more details, read their Content Policy carefully.
However, if you follow these tips and take care of all the restriction then your journey with We-Media will be propitious.
How to Successfully Publish an article on UC We Media platform
Unlike the other complicated dashboards, it is much easier to share information from We-media dashboard. You can publish a post on We-media in just a few simple steps:
- Click on the ‘Post’ option on your dashboard and select New Article. If you have a video for content, select the second option.
- Write an engaging Title for your content and continue with the main body.
- Add a Featured Image to your post. It will be used as cover or thumbnail.
- Choose a Category for your article.
- Click “Save” to preview the article and finally, Publish.
The We-media team will review your article (mostly within 24 hours) before it appears in user’s news flow. Once your article is successfully published on UC network, then the next step is to monetize your content.
Ad Monetization: How to Make money from UC We Media Program
Now that you have a platform to share your content, it’s time to convert your passion into your profession and make money out of it. With the We Media Ad Monetization program, you can easily convert your readers into revenue. But there are certain eligibility criteria that need to be fulfilled before you apply for Ad Monetization.
- You can apply for ad monetization after 7 Days of account approval.
- You have successfully published an article from your We-media dashboard.
- One of your articles has at least 2000 views on it.
The platform also offers various reward programs and weekly competitions with prize money of maximum 250$. As long as you meet the requirements of the program, you will receive considerable cash rewards.
UC We Media Program – Reward Plan 2.0
In the ongoing year, UC News will select 1000 high-quality We Media creators in India, with a minimum payout of RS 50,000 per month. Therefore, it’s a serious opportunity for those who are seeking a career in the content writing field. Similar to the advertising revenue share program, there are some conditions that need to be fulfilled before you apply for Super 1000 Reward Program. Those who meet the following conditions can apply through the official website:
- Your registered account should be at least 30 days older.
- You have successfully published 10 articles from your registered account in last 30 days.
- No plagiarism, low-quality content or violation of local laws/ regulations records.
Once you are done with the application process, UC We Media Team will review your account for approval. The result will be shared within 20 working days. In case you’re not selected, you can submit the application after 30 days, again.
If you are in the sphere of blogging and freelance writing then you must give it a try. UC We Media is not just a platform to share information and ideas, it is also a source to add some extra income to your pocket. For Bloggers like me, who manage their own blog and already have a platform to share information, We-Media is like the cherry on the cake.
You don’t need to write separately for We Media platform. You are allowed to publish your blog post on We-media, as long as you meet their requirements.
What’s your thought about UC We Media Program? Feel free to use the comment section below for any kind of Question and suggestion related to this Topic. I’ll be Happy to help you. Also, if you like this article Do Share it with your friends.